2021 IAG/NZGS Conference Grants
2021 IAG/NZGS Conference Participation Grants for
Early Career & Precariously Employed Researchers
The Geographical Society of NSW is pleased to announce funding of a series of grants (up to a maximum of $500 per award) for early career and precariously employed geography researchers. The aim of this funding is to assist this cohort of geographers’ to participate in the 2021 IAG/NZGS Conference.
- An early career researcher (defined as someone who is less than five (5) years since their PhD was conferred or submitted for examination, relative to opportunity) AND/OR precariously employed geographer.
- Presenting a paper at the 2021 IAG/NZGS Conference (in person or online/virtually);
Additional information for applicants:
- Priority for these awards will be given to geographers who are otherwise ineligible for institutional internal research funding and/or who have no individual recourse to external research funding.
- You do not need to be a current member of the Society when applying for this Award, however, current membership will be considered favorably. Information of GSNSW Membership can be found here: https://www.geogsoc.org.au/site/index.cfm?display=649986
- Conference Participation Grants are awarded at the discretion of the GSNSW Council. The amount of each individual grant will vary depending on the number and form of attendance (i.e. online or face to face) of applicants. Individual grants will not exceed $500 per applicant.
Application closing date: 19 April 2021
Notification of success: 26 April 2021
Applicants are asked to fill out the form at:
If successful, recipients will need to agree to the following conditions to receive their funding:
- Provide evidence of your registration at the 2021 IAG/NZGS Conference;
- Provide evidence of your acceptance to present a paper at the 2021 IAG/NZGS Conference;
- Be/become a current financial member of the GSNSW; and
- Submit a short (200 word) report to the GSNSW within 30 days of the conference outlining participation in the conference and reflections on it for possible inclusion, in whole or part thereof, on the Society’s website.